Tan Sri Datuk Danny Ooi, President & Founder of Miss Chinese World, with the Miss Chinese World 2017 winners
Malaysia foremost beauty pageant organiser, Tan Sri Datuk Danny Ooi returned with the third edition of Miss Chinese World 2017 since 2011 to honor and rekindle passion for the Chinese heritage. The pageant was jointly organised by Miss Chinese World Sdn Bhd and Legacy Film Sdn Bhd at the One World Hotel, Selangor.
Presented the theme “Heritage of the Orient”, the pageant participated by 31 beauty delegates from 9 countries, namely, China, Thailand, Indonesia, Myanmar, Taiwan, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Malaysia. All proved to be more than just looks as they displayed a strong sense of understanding of what it means to be a Chinese.
“Returning after five years, I am impressed by the contestants’ performances tonight. The ladies are truly passionate and in touch with their Chinese roots. The pageant will continue as an annual event starting next year," said Tan Sri Datuk Danny Ooi, President & Founder of Miss Chinese World.
Among the judges for the finals are Malaysian actor, Tony Eusoff, MediaCorp actor, Rayson Tan, and singer Winnie K.
Zoee Tan, Managing Director of Legacy Film commented: “Looking at the camaraderie among the ladies tonight, I would say that this event has fulfilled its objectives which is to promote and celebrate the Chinese culture while bringing together beauties of Chinese ethnicity from all over the world to foster peace, goodwill and friendship among contestants.”
The night saw Yin Zhuo Qun from China been crowned as Miss Chinese World 2017, while Chong Jia Ying from Perak who represented Malaysia, won the Miss Oriental 2017 title.
Presented by GMCI Corporation, the pageant was supported by M101 as the official lifestyle developer and DEWS Wellness as the official beauty and wellness.
Full List of Miss Chinese World 2017 Winners:
The winners for Miss Chinese World 2017:
Miss Chinese World Champion: Yin Zhuo Qun (Shanghai, China)
Miss Chinese World 1st Runner Up: Chang Yu Chin (Taipei, Taiwan)
Miss Chinese World 2nd Runner Up: Dai Tian (Qingdao, China)
1. Miss GMCI Body Beautiful: Lim Nai Sim (Phnom Pehn, Cambodia)
2. Miss DEWS Healthy Skin: Lee Hui Qian (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
3. Miss Gintell Wellness: Yin Zhuo Qun (Shanghai, China)
4. Miss Beautiful Leg: Gao Yue (Shuozhou, China)
5. Miss Eastern Beauty: Jiang Zuo Jun (Harbin, China)
6. Miss Crowning Glory: Xu Ting Ting (Guangzhou, China)
7. Miss Glamour: Wang Ruo Han (Qinhuangdao, China)
8. Miss Hai-O Vitality: Zhang Nan (Hangzhou, China)
9. Miss Oriental: Chong Jia Ying (Perak, Malaysia)
10. Miss Friendship: Wang Ruo Han (Qinhuangdao, China)
11. Miss Congeniality: Yin Zhuo Qin (Shanghai, China)
12. Best in Talent: Wang Zhen (Tai Yuan, China)
13. Best in National Costume: Fransiska Indrayani (Surabaya, Indonesia)
From Left: Eddie Liew (Director of Legacy Film), Zoee Tan (Managing Director of Legacy Film), Andy Teoh (Director of Legacy Film), Miss Chinese World 1st Runner Up, Chang Yu Chin (Taiwan), Miss Chinese World Champion, Yin Zhuo Qun (China), Miss Chinese World 2nd Runner Up, Dai Tian (China), Tan Sri Datuk Danny Ooi (President & Founder of Miss Chinese World) and Xu Jia Fan, Miss Chinese World 2011
Tan Sri Datuk Danny Ooi, President & Founder of Miss Chinese World