Cartoon Art Piece
The Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Malaysia, Malaysian Man Association, and Ministry of Culture of Taiwan have jointly created the 2020 Taiwan-Malaysia Comic Week platform, which is a 3D virtual exhibition platform that exhibits cartoon illustrations created by Taiwan cartoonists. The 2020 Taiwan-Malaysia Comic Week website launched on 15 July and is divided into three exhibition areas, which are themed "Taiwan 368 Townships" from 2017, "100 superheroes" from 2019, and the latest "Taiwan Anti-epidemic Comics Joint Exhibition".
The "Taiwan Anti-epidemic Comics Joint Exhibition", is expected to launch 50 paintings in early August, as a tribute to medical staff who are fighting the coronavirus on the frontline. In addition to that, the 2020 Taiwan-Malaysia Comic Week platform has a session where famous Taiwanese comic creators’ shares videos that demonstrates their unique and exquisite painting skills.
2020 Taiwan-Malaysia Comic Week Poster
On 1 to 14 July, the comic creators in Taiwan and Malaysia held five online sharing activities where popular Taiwanese authors shared their experience in creating comics, and their views on the comic market. Among the Taiwanese authors are:
- Lai Youxian, the chairman of the Taipei Comic Consortium and the author of "Real Name Emperor"
- Ruan Guangmin, the author of "Using the Nine Orange Shop"
- Jerry Boy, the author of the "Black and White Club"
- MIIN Min, popular Netin's "Apo Little Planet" author
- Michael Chuah, author of the "Yurrei Neko sama"